January 16, 2011

Pygame fun

So I was looking through old screenshots, and I found something I'd forgotten about that I made a few years ago, back when I was still learning python. It was a (very primitive) graphing app that I made which literally evaluated an expression for every pixel to get a boolean value. Didn't actually work for equations, but worked pretty well, if slowly, at inequalities, so I spent countless hours fiddling with it.

I'll admit, this was an entirely intentional attempt. [Screenshot]

Hey ma, I found the higgs boson! [Screenshot]

I guess carpet designers take lots of inspiration from mathematics? [Screenshot]

The universe was clearly made in python [Screenshot]
It just goes to show you can learn a hell of a lot from a weekend of fucking around on a computer.
No, the xkcd references weren't intentional, I swear.

For those of you that are curious, the program I made to create these is here. Requries Python >2.5 and pygame. I am pretty sure it won't work, this is one of the worst pieces of shit I've written in a 3am haze. Don't judge my coding based on this- I was young, I'm better now, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment